Few things to keep in mind.
I would assume that 90% of the digital camera owners are computer owners.
While the % of homes in the USA with computers is around 50%, its definatley
not that high in most other countries.

I guess we'll have to see what the Chinese consumer desires over the next
few years, as they'll be the major market force before long.

Maybe technology will brng to market the film that is 10x faster and the
process printing takes 15 minutes including a CDROM of your pics.

Maybe you'll drop your film off at KODAK/FUJI kiosk and all the pics will be
in your e-mailbox by the time you get home!

Its is true in the business world, companies aren't using slide projects any
more!  Powerpoint and a computer projector have 99% of the market!  But how
many of us have a $1500-6000 projector at home to view our digital pictures
any larger than our monitor?  That could be the next product for consumer,
the digital projectors in the under $1000 range.  They do double duty, as
they'll be hooked up to your home entertainment system, and replace TVs.
Your DVD movie will be on your wall as big as the room/optic system allows!