Sheesh. Grounded.  ...   ]'-)

Personally, even though it's expensive, if I felt the need for an AC
adapter I'd buy the Pentax qualified unit for the K10D (Pentax K-
AC50). That way if there is any weird problem, at least you have some
grounds to call in Pentax and say "hey what, your power supply just
fried my camera ... !!!" And they might listen ...

Godfrey