Most Canon flash units are pretty much limited to working with the
Canon bodies. You might consider a Metz flash unit with an
interchangeable dedicated module that would work on both.

I don't know the LX at all, but can't you just set the exposure time
you want to use manually along with the aperture? Most cameras with
TTL flash metering I've used will still control the flash output that
way.

Godfrey