On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Tim Bray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  1. How long will it take for my hand to stop telling me the front &
>  back wheels are awkwardly placed after 4 years carrying a *ist-D?

Dunno

>   2. Why does it have to be so big? [By the way, the K200D doesn't feel
>  significantly smaller in the hand.]

Dunno

>   3. 23M .dng files, yow... maybe .pef would be more tractable?

The .pef files are around 21MB

>   4. Why, when I tried to auto-white balance an ISO-1600 picture of a
>  toddler in a bathtub using Lightroom's WB wand to click on the white
>  porcelain, did the baby's flesh go all mottled when you look close up?

Again, dunno. (it kinda bugs me too)

>   5. Why, when I tried to do the same to an ISO-1600 shot of boys
>  playing soccer in a yellow gym, did it snap into violent purple?

I haven't seen that

>   6. Am I going to need to buy a Power Mac to process large numbers of
>  photos in Lightroom without making my computer wheeze audibly?

Get a PC. It'll be cheaper.

>   7. Am I going to have to use the software that came with the camera?

Only with high ISO (and only until adobe brings out an ACR update)

>   8. Why is there a prominent switch for turning the image
>  stabilization off, wouldn't you want it on always?

Well it's not needed when you use a tripod is it?

>   9. Why do you want a RAW button, wouldn't most people shoot in RAW
>  all the time or JPEG all the time?

While I understand the sentiment I can appreceate why some find it usefull.

>  10. What do other people put on the "User" setting?

I don't use it.

>  11. What's the smart way to use the Live View option?

With a tripod.

>  12. Why does the shutter noise have to be so loud?

Pick up a 6x7 & fire of a few shots. That's loud.

Cheers,

Dave