Tim Bray wrote:
> I have now established, by direct experience experience and net
> searches, that Lightroom has problems with K20D DNG's.  Basically,
> white balance correction seems to work but in fact severely damages
> the images.  I believe this is the same code as occurs in ACR, so I'd
> bet that wouldn't work either.   The Pentax Photo Lab software can in
> fact correct White Balance.   I will investigate further and report
> back on:
>
> - Do PEFs work better? (I'd assume not)
> - Can I just do the WB in the klunky Pentax software then switch back
> to LR for the rest of the workflow?
>
> One assumes that Pentax knows about this?  -Tim

Yes. Thomas Knoll of Adobe pointed it out in his blog a few days ago.
It's an issue with how the K20D calculates the color temperature and
tint numbers for DNG (doesn't affect PEF files). The images look fine,
as Paul and others have found, but the numbers are wrong. And if you try
to change balance with an application that uses the correct numbers you
get wonky color.

According to one poster on the DP Review Pentax forum (where there was
much hand-wringing and rending of garments for a few days), Ned Bunnell
has been notified and has notified the engineers in Japan. I'd expect a
pretty quick firmware update for this.