We gave up on the shovel.
http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/93993455/original
You can see our neighbour out with his snowblower at the bottom of the drive :-)

This was Saturday afternoon
http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/93993603

and after the road and the drive was cleared on Sunday
http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/93993573

Apparently we got a total of 56cm over the weekend

Wendy