On Sunday, November 25, 2001, at 08:36  AM, Amita Guha wrote:

>  No, really,
> he asked me a week ago Friday, then we spent
> Saturday night/Sunday morning shooting the
> Leonids, then Sunday afternoon we went to a camera
> show here in the city, where I got a mint
> condition Yashicamat, my very first TLR, for $50.

Wow, that's quite the weekend!

> And now I have a question for you guys. How do you
> handle the problem of cold hands? The only pair of
> gloves I had that were thin enough to let me work
> didn't keep my hands very warm. I had to keep
> putting them in my pockets to warm them up. And
> forget about changing lenses; for the first two
> mornings it was way too cold for that!

When shooting at Vanessa's hockey games, I found myself needing gloves
(especially after getting the LX, whose surface seems to get much colder
much more quickly than my ME Super).  I ended up getting a pair of
Thinsulate gloves with no fingers, but a mitt that flips over the
fingertips if you want it.  They're nice and thin, and keep most of my
hand warm, except the fingers, which still have to go into the pockets
between periods.

Hey, all you hosers (or wannabe hosers, as it were), if any of you were
watching Leafs vs. Bruins on Saturday night, Vanessa and I appeared
briefly on the Hockey Night In Canada feed -- we were the couple down
near the glass behind the net (behind Dafoe in the first and third and
Joseph in the second), me in a blue Leafs away jersey and Vanessa in a
white Leafs home jersey, holding up a Curtis Joseph action figure.  We
didn't see it, but were told that we did indeed appear.

There's another digital advantage: if you spend enough money on
scanners, printers and consumables, your distributor will give you free
kick-ass hockey tickets!

-Aaron