There is nothing surprising in this test/demonstration.

- Neither the Leica 14-50 nor the E-510 in-body stabilization are
designed to work together. Enabling them both at the same time is
*bound* to give a dynamically unstable result.

- It's not a good test comparing the capabilities of in-body vs in-
lens IS either.

The E-510 was not designed for in-lens IS and cannot control the
Panasonic/Leica lens OIS system to obtain its best operation. The lens
operates only at the default Mode 1 setting ... continuous IS, not "at
exposure time IS" ... which limits its IS efficiency where when you
turn the in-lens IS off and use the in-body IS, the E-510s well tuned
IS system operates at its effective maximum. The E-3 body demonstrates
this even more conclusively as its in-body IS is more efficient than
the E-510.

I use this lens on the E-1 body, with IS enabled at Mode 1 same as on
the E-510. It provides a nice modicum of improved hand-holdability
(approximately 1-2 stops on average), but is not up to an in-body
system tuned for maximum efficiency. Used on the L1, it performs much
more efficiently in Mode 2 (2-3 stops on average), also typical of my
experience with Canon bodies and their in-lens IS systems.

I have both the Panasonic L1 with this lens (which is the camera it
was designed for) and the Pentax K10D with comparable focal length
prime and zoom lenses. I've compared hand-holdability at the same
effective field of view focal lengths. IMO, there is no practical
difference in the efficiency of the two IS systems for comparable
quality results.

Godfrey