I wouldn't go to Canon. I might consider Nikon. Canon doesn't have
the high ISO performance of either Nikon or Pentax. If starting from
scratch, I'd probably have to think it over, but might stay with what
I have. Familiarity is a good thing. In-body shake reduction is a big
advantage for those of us lean in the pocketbook. And Pentax glass
promises to be affordable, if the new 200 and 300 are any indication.