----- Original Message -----
From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi"
Subject: Re: Seeking Advice From Computer Gurus

> Through a USB port? Yuck. Performance will be sucky. You want a
> FireWire 400 or 800 port, or a fast SCSI interface.

I'm thinking of the Data Robotics unit for external storage, not as a working
drive. I have five
drives in my computer, and will be adding a sixth at some point, removing a
Gigabyte I-Ram to
make room for it. My final drive configuration will be 2 striped pairs and one
mirrored drive in
the computer. This will give me pretty much all the drive performance I need,
but I like the
idea of an external array for redundant data storage.
I'm thinking that for this purpose, a USB interface will be fine, though
obviously an eSata or
Firewire would be better.

William Robb