Hi Robert,
    It's funny how people can have such different ideas and interests,
all within the same overall realm of an art, and even within a much more
narrowly defined field.  Recently, I began looking at what I like to
shoot, and decided that I really have been doing some "street
photography" myself.  So I rearranged some of my shots and started a new
category at my website just for that
([http://lightandsilver.com/Streets/streetsframe.htm]) However, my
interest is more in the individuals themselves, so as a result, my brand
of it is more personal and intimate, rather than as an observer.  I
would classify your photo as definitely more photojournalistic,
voyeuristic, and newsworthy, whereas I want to meet people and know
something about them.  I've seen both (plus many other) styles under the
"street" category, and there's definitely room for all of it.
     As for the photo itself, I really like the expressions on all the
people's faces that are in this, the guy kicking and screaming, and the
way the police are just doing their job.  The graininess lends it a sort
of "surveillance" look, and the moment is well captured.

Thanks,
Ed
http://lightandsilver.com

http://users2.ev1.net/~htrn44/photo1/arrest.jpg

The film was some Kodak C41 B&W that I was trying out. This photo was
scanned from an 8x10 that was a "color" print with the color dialed out
and I think was "OK". Another print from the same roll was a true B&W
8x10 and looked VERY good by comparison. Anyway I'm not thrilled with my
scans (flatbed, no modifications) so please comment on the content and
composition. Please don't label me as a photojournalist as that is not
what I am trying to accomplish. This particular photo happened because I
just happened to be standing there with my camera and flash ready
because I had been making photos of a band that was playing that night
in the same area. Also I have a particular interest in Law Enforcement,
so this was a fun shoot. The female officer gave me a dirty look right
after my flash fired ! Oh well :)
Thanks to Jacksonville Sheriff's Office for keeping the streets safe !

Thanks for any comments,
Robert Payne

ps. I subscribe in digest so please respond directly to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-
This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe, go
to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Don't forget to visit
the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org .