>> After fixing a camera and a card reader which each had their CF pins
>> bent from having a card shoved in less-than-perfectly, I can say that
>> I'd rather repair a $20 card than a $900 camera though.    IMO, CF is
>> far less "robust" than SD in the hands of the average user.

Been there, done that. In 2004, I had to send an ist-D to Colorado for
repair due to bent CF pins. The mistake cost me $134.70 in repairs (plus
shipping). With that in mind, i was ecstatic to switch to SD cards with
the K10-D.

Also as an aside, FWIW, numerous retailers have Sandisk cards essentially
on sale. 4GB extreme III @ 49.99, minus rebate equates to about $15 a
card. I've picked up 4 already. Just thought I'd share the info.