Something to hearten the cockles of yer little Pentaxian hearts...

I'm working on a project which has required me to go through a bunch
of my Isle of Man work from 2004 and 2005, including quite a bit of
motorcycle racing. Interesting thing is that I carried the Canon 10D
+ 70-200L and 300L lenses in 2004, where in 2005 I had the Pentax
*ist DS, 28-105 and 100-300 lenses covering the same range that I
used for shooting the racing itself.

Well, my photos of the racing action are admittedly mostly shite ...
hey, it's not really my speciality ;-) ... but on average the
unprocessed Pentax files simply look better than the Canon files. By
far. Now part of it was likely I learned a bit in 2004 that I applied
in 2005. But even in situations which were quite definitely just the
camera doing its thing, that Pentax F 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 I bought
used and pretty inexpensively lens simply did a better job of things
than the $1100 Canon equivalent.

Pretty interesting to see things compared quickly this way. I'm
finding LOTs of gems in these collections of photos I'd forgotten all
about. And thank the gods for Lightroom ... I'd be going crazy right
now without Lightroom to manage the sorting and selection process,
grading etc.

Back to it...