On Mar 26, 2008, at 2:23 AM, Cotty wrote:
> On 26/3/08, AlunFoto, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>> Always thought of that as a recognition of a fellow loonie. Over
>> here,
>> Defender owners do the same. Always a hand to the beret, whether they
>> wear one or not.
>
> LOL
>
> That's true here - people ask me what it's like to drive and I always
> reply it makes my arms tired - all that waving....

Around here, Land Rover owners are mostly mall moms who barely drive
their beautiful boats more than an inch off the pavement when they're
not crashing. They're more concerned that the cup holder rattles and
disturbs their concentration on the latest Brittany Spears scandal on
the news than whether someone else is driving a Land Rover. I never
got a single wave or sign of recognition when I had mine, even between
people at the dealership.

Alfa Romeo drivers here do the "flash headlights, wave" thing on the
road though. I always wondered whether it was a salute to say "Press
on, buddy!" or "I sympathize with your misfortune, fellow sufferer!"

such it is. ;-)

Godfrey