-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Frantisek Vlcek
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 6:48 PM
To: Kent Gittings
Subject: pseudo-slr digicams (was: Re: why EI-2000 is total ...)

[on LCD pseudo-slr viewfinders]
Monday, November 26, 2001, 3:51:09 PM, Kent wrote:
KG> So I assume you have tried the manual focusing option on all these
cameras
KG> that have that option?
KG> Kent Gittings

Of course not on all of them, but I tried Fuji 4900, 6900, Olympus
Camedia 2100. These three put me off LCD viewfinders for a long time.
Manual focusing was impossible at the wide end, possible only at the
long end, IMHO.

I have also field experience (shooting short movies at school of
journalism and independently) with Mini-DV moviecams using colour LCD
viewfinders, and
professional moviecams (S-VHS or /full/DV) which use B&W viewfinders.
The later win easily. Even an old VHS camera with B&W finder (due to
cost saving) is actually easier to focus manually than a colour finder
mini-DV sony.

Frantisek

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com