I am having the same strange problem. When I try to post a message to
the list (starting a new thread) that contains image links, the
message doesn't show up. If, however, I reply in a running thread, I
can post links just fine. I haven't found the time to investigate this
any further, though, and I have only tried two or three times.

Marcus