Cotty wrote:
> On 16/4/08, Christian, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>> Those things bombed the Falklands while I was living in Argentina.
>
> Interestingly, and aside from carrying the British nuclear deterrent
> during the cold war, that was the only action a Vulcan ever saw.

That sure is a pretty plane.

My Falklands history is a bit murky, but I believe that during the war a
British nuclear submarine sank an Argentine ship.  This was one of very
few ships sunk by submarine since WWII, and the only one to be sunk by a
nuclear submarine.  Even more interesting is that the torpedoes fired by
the sub were a US design manufactured by the British during or shortly
after WWII.  The ship that sank was formerly a WWII era US cruiser.  Or
something like that.  I may have things mixed up a bit and I'm too damn
lazy to look it up.

--
Scott "Silas Duncan is my hero" Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/