Hi Marcus,

Firstly, indeed lovely bokeh on these shots.

On CA, the estimable Erwin Puts says

"Aberrations are often reduced when the lens is stopped down, because
the marginal rays no longer contribute to the imaging errors. Laterial
chromatic aberration is not diminished by stopping down the aperture and
is very difficult to correct. The chromatic aberrations (lateral and
longtitudinal) increase from the centre of the image towards its edges."

"The focal length is linked to the magnification factor, and that is why
a variation in the refractive index also causes a variation in
magnification. This error is called lateral chromatic aberration and it
mostly affects the reproduction of structures"

So JCO is sort of half right. Longtitudinal aberrations will certainly
be corrected by stopping down. But for a given focal length, I think you
will notice longtitudinal CA (and the effect of stopping down) much more
than lateral CA.

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc