In a message dated 11/28/01 11:05:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I too wondered about the lack of the swivel head and the vertical grip.  I
> hope to do some test shots in the next couple of days.
>
> OK, I know this is subjective, but how many times does the ~AVERAGE~
photographer <<<<<swivel>>>>> their flash head? Not talking about we serious
"hobbyists" mind you, but average photographers.
*For that matter, what percentage of people, in this world of one-use and P&
Shoot cameras w/built-in flashes, even ~own~ a stand alone flash?

Scene: a Botanica. A man is shooting flowers with what was the first PENTAX
Program Plus another PENTAX owner had ever seen. After introducing himself,
the now curious photographer asks:
Q: "Hey mister, did you get a flash for that fancy camera of yours?"
A: "Duh-yeah, but I don't know how to operate the darn thing."
Q: "The flash"?
A: "No, the camera."
Q: "Where's the flash, you could sure use it on those flowers in the shade"?
A: "Still packed in the box it came in."
Q: "Wanna sell it"?
A: "Uh-uh...yeah, I don't use it...how much you offering?
Q: "What is it"?
A: "Umm, a 280 something."
Q: "Like a 280T"?
A: "Yeah, I think so."
Q: "I'm a little strapped now" said the curious photographer, (in that era
before ATMs); "Would $30 do"?
A: "Nope, I'll have to mail it and that costs money."
Q: Curious photographer asks:
Q: "$35?"
A: "OK."

11 days later, me, the "curious photographer," opened up the box holding the
first AF280T I'd even seen**.
**Ill-gotten gains are never enjoyed: I walked off from a flight bag holding
the 280 in the Philadelphia airport. By the time I got back to where the bag
had been... "DRAT"!!

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]