To amplify just a bit on Godder's reply...

If you shoot a few frames as RAW+JPEG and then import them into LR,
it is easy to see at a glance which are the JPEG (lighter) and which
are the RAW (darker). I was reminded of this last night while
scrolling through way too many thumbnails to try and find a shot of
my mother-in-law that my wife needed ASAP... (Don't anybody mention
Keywords to me. I know all about them and sometimes even use them.
Just not on shots that I have any reason to look for later.) I came
across a bunch of duplicate shots, with one version lighter than the
other. It took my work- and wine-befuddled mind a while before I
realized that they were from the brief era when I was doing the RAW
+JPEG thing. (Don't ask why, I haven't a clue. It must have seemed
like a good idea at the time.) The camera does its magic processing
of RAW to JPEG, saves the result and/or puts a small version of it on
the LCD for you to view. And uses that JPEG version as the basis for
its scene analysis which yields the histogram. You need to do that
processing yourself with the RAW output. Which I usually find usually
involves adding some exposure or fill-lighting. This was true with
the *ist-D as well as the K10D.

stan