On May 1, 2008, at 12:35 PM, William Robb wrote:

>> Laptops also -
>> just as most would rather ditch it, I can't imagine going anywhere
>> without mine.
>
> I saw a laptob computer the other day called an AirMac or some
> such. Remarkable device, it
> seemed to be about 1/2 inch thick, and a fairly small footprint as
> well. It looked like a much
> better travelling companion than my 17" Compaq.

MacBook Air ... very thin, very light. Not the greatest screen for
editing but an excellent choice for mobility.

I prefer the MacBook Pro 15", however, as I often need to use my
laptop to drive a large monitor or digital projector for presentation
purposes. (I'm still using the PowerBook G4 15", however ... just
about identical form factor to the MBP15.)

I carry it more and more of the time, but on long distance travel it
adds enormously to the amount of "stuff" I need to lug through
airports and trains, etc. I'd prefer to be without it but often can't
be if I'm doing any serious photography.

Godfrey