I have been happy with HyperDrive Space ( http://www.hyperdrive.com )
ColorSpace should be nice too, but it came out after I bought Space.
I have only 3 SD cards (1 +1 + recently purchased 2GB) (*ist DS files
are only 10MB in size).
The battery charge on Space lasts for long time even without recharging,
but the charger is capable of handling european voltage with the plug
adapter.

This combination worked for me on many occasions.
Even when I have a laptop with me on the trip, I prefer Space for
dumping pictures from the cards, - as it
fits in a jacket pocket and it is much lighter than my 3.8 lbs laptop.

Space has file verification, and I use the "full" verification option.
If I am extra worried about some particular batch of shots,
I transfer it twice.
With more than 100 GB of photos on Space, it was only once that an error
during the transfer occured, - but I believe it was the card's fault - as
it was behaving strangely even in my laptop.
When the error happened, the device informed about that, - so I just
repeated the transfer, and it was ok.

Good luck!

Igor