Tom wrote:

>I seem to be one of the few who defend the list remaining open to whatever
>the members of the list want to talk about. Maybe the others who want it
>that way are tired of the endless demands of Digest Subscribers that the
>list have nothing in it except what they want to read. I would say that the
>digest is a convenience for people who only want to partially participate in
>the list. It is after all a mailing list. But if everyone wants to change
>the list to something other than the list I subscribed to and love, go
>ahead. It will just no longer be a list where I want to hang out.

Well, I'm frankly getting to old for this being a grown up. If this is
offending it isn't meant as such. I mean, I have received complaints about
posting on AF cameras, the MZ-S and what I think about my lenses on a
Pentax discussion forum!. Note, it was not my opinion that was attacked but
that I posted such things on PDML. And now you are telling me that posting
complaints about OT messages are tedious? And that you expect to post OT
without complaints? Dream on!
I tell you one thing; every mailing list that practice what you preach
above, posting whatever you like, turn into a hell. There are no exceptions.
Regarding censorship: the only way to apply censorship on a mailing list is
to post whatever you like. Nobody can stop you and you can flood this forum
with your own interest regardless what other things. The only way to get
what you want is to post. By posting OT you force your opinion thruogh
regardless. Its the closest thing to censorship you can get because in the
end the on topic stuff drowns in the noise.

Pål