----- Original Message -----
From: "Cotty"
Subject: Re: Hi all

> btw film is dead you know.

I just this very moring talked to the people at the lab I used to work at.
Apparently they are
changing store locations soon, and will not be putting a film processor into
the new lab. A busy
day nets them a half dozen rolls of film for processing.
Even if consumers don't think it is dead, the lab industry doesn't want to deal
with the stuff
any longer, and will pound the last nails into the coffin within a couple of
years.
I was looking at the Fuji website the other day. The new Fronteir printers are
using dye-inkjet
technology rather than wet-photographic prints. I'm wondering what sort of
longevity we can
expect from them in the future. More and more, it looks like photographs are
becoming a thing of
the past.

William Robb