> To me it suggests that the whole weather sealing thing may be a bit of
> a sales gimmick.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

On lens? I think yes. On body? Sure not :D

I've used K10D/K20D in rain, snow, dust etc.
Once I was with a group of photographers in a big snowfall. Line up was: 5
Canon EOS 350D/400D, 1 Nikon D50, 1 Pentax K10D. 2 of the 5 Canons ended
up 'acting strangely', 2 guys had a home made camera-umbrella for their
Canons which was mounting in the flash shoe :D, the Nikon guy prefered to
keep his cam in bag, I was shooting with old manual lenses on... and no
problems at all :D

I really love Pentax' weather sealing. Even with lens from 70's it keeps
my camera safe in almost all kind of weather.

Cheers,
.t