Mafud wrote:
Sac> Of course one can set it all up manually, but the last time I mentioned
Sac> "manual" flash there was an actual hiccup on the list.
                                        ^^^ :)

Sac> OK, besides me, how many PDML members shoot full manual flash (anytime)?

Well, for macro shots I used manual flash off-camera (counting in the
cosinus /or tangent?/ angle). I shot Dalailama with
manual flash (it was with a 500mm lens and big handle strobe, couldn't
get closer <g> was not accredited there). But since I almost don't do
any more direct flash if I can (I either bounce or dither the light
through a self-made bouncebox), TTL or AUTO metering is indispensable
to me.

Mafud,  it seems it just depends on what the photographer
photographs... if I shot studio-like shots, I would do manual flash of
course. Since I don't, I almsot don't do manual flash. I am glad there
is one less variable I have to think about...

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek