Cotty,

    Yes, yes, very witty!  I've added this to my list of "phrases that don't
translate" from Commonwealth English to American English.  I've got buckets
of them:

http://www.richard-seaman.com/USA/Life/Language/AmericanVersusNewZealandVocabulary.html

    As I mentioned on the website, whenever I say something and the person
just stares blankly back at me, I know I'm about to have a linguistic
learning experience!

Richard.

home page:  www.richard-seaman.com