Adam Maas wrote:

> As does Parallels for less money and smoother integration than VMWare.

With respect, I would _not_ take that as a given.  :-)

Since they both offer a 30-day eval period, the wise shopper should
evaluate them both in actual use and see how they behave.

In my own testing on both a 13" Macbook and 20" iMac, I found that
VMware Fusion uses a lot less CPU and RAM than all 3 of the other
virtual machine products I tested.  I have run Windows, various Linux
releases and FreeBSD under these VMs, and VMware "Just Worked", where
the others all gave me grief on one point or another.

Anway, just as with photo equipment, there's no magic one-size-fits-all
solution.

Cheers!

-bmw