Much of this depends on how you use the image, how you depict it, and
who finds out.  It's not really where you are standing, so much as
what's in your viewfinder.  I submit some work for stock, and in
addition to needing model releases for every recognizable person, you
also need property releases for recognizable private property.  I don't
worry about it too much on my website, because I'm not making money on
it there, and the photo is not likely to be seen by enough people to
increase the odds that someone will ever complain about it.  But for
commercial work - most agencies are very strict about what's in the
photograph that someone could potentially sue them for.

Thanks,
Ed
http://lightandsilver.com

<snip>
> > I would think that it would depend where in the world you
> were. Here
> > in the US there was no restrictions as long as you were on public
> > property. After 9/11, who knows.
<snip>