It's a swing bridge, and is slated for renovation sometime in the next
two years, (as soon as they finish rebuilding the bridge about 1/2 mile
down river).  I usually fear for these old monuments as the results have
been about 50% complete removal and replacement. The entire road
parallel to the river at that point is slated to be changed from 2 lanes
to 4.  Now mind you this is to handle the increased traffic, which was
wholly the result of the other bridge being reconstructed...