Bob H. wrote:

> Another suit I recall hearing about a while back -- the woman who
> appeared in Dorothea Lange's famous photo, "Migrant Mother" (PDML
> reference, p. 599), sued years later, because the photo made her look
> poor and hopelessly destitute but she had become successful and entered
> the middle class, etc., so she was embarrassed. I believe she lost that
> suit, and I think that was a correct decision since the photo was
> historically accurate.

I remember that one. She was essentially annoyed because she had never "made
a dime" on the photograph. The trouble is, neither did Dorothea Lange,
except indirectly. DL shot it for the FSA and it belongs to the Federal
Government. You can buy a print of it for less that $100 on the L. of C.
website right now if you want.

==Mike