It seems that there is people with lots of free time and that has been able to
isolate the K20D hot pixel issue that has been worrying some reviewers.
According to this thread, the phenomena is UNIVERSAL (it happens in all K20Ds)
and it appears when the mirror locks up for 2 seconds before making the picture.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=28079977

>From a comment in a blog entry comment:
CONCLUSION: Apparently there is something buggy w/ 2 sec delay and the
sensor/processing
CURRENT SOLUTIONS as proposed by others:
avoid this problem with 2s mirror lockup when shooting JPG on a tripod,
one may want to switch long-exposure NR to ON (as opposed to AUTO).
This should avoid the problem in this particular situation.
2)They
could certainly work around it by activating the dark frame NR whenever
the 2-sec delay is used, and even take the dark frame during the 2-sec.
delay rather than after the exposure.

Since I don't own this model (although I may be interested in getting one this
year), I can't test it myself, and it doesn't seems a big issue unless you need
jpg+ 2 sec MLU...does it?

Regards,
Jaume