Brian Walters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You must have pretty quick reflexes to get that shot.

Thanks!  But I was admittedly a little late.  I think that shot
catches her starting to descend from her spring; I'd hoped to
catch her on the way up.  Not that it's easy to tell for sure
in a still photo.

> Were the cat's reflexes as good??

Alas, no.  She's really really good with ballistic trajectories
(i.e. thrown toys, cough drop wrappers, the end of a string) but
not as practiced at self-propelled, maneuverable targets in the
air.  (Like most of her species, she's optimized for catching
prey on the ground.)  She's pretty quick, at least average for
a cat, but not so fast that she can use that to make up for a
lack of practice with flying insects.

She does understand that the word "bug" means to come to where
I am and try to catch something, and to look up or where I'm
pointing.  (She also knows "bird", "mouse", "milk", "please
don't claw that", and "viens ici!"; and she shows some signs of
understanding "bedroom", "bathroom", and "kitchen".  Not exactly
record-breaking, but pretty cool.)

                                        -- Glenn