I missed an opportunity to get a couple of sparrows on the
sidewalk earlier; I had the wrong lens on, and by the time
I got back with a long enough one the sparrows had fled.
The robins continue to annoy me be only taking flights so
short that they're done by the time I get the camera pointed
the right way.  And the swifts remain ... swift.  I'll have
to go through today's shots to see whether I've finally
caught one as more than a silhouette (and gee, trigonometry
was my friend in high school, but it's working against me
when I'm trying to traverse quickly enough to keep a swift
in the frame at 600mm as it passes me half a block away).

So in summary:  thank goodness for pigeons to make me feel
like I'm not completely unable to shoot birds.

I also tried for a bee and missed, and lost a chance at a
dragonfly because it took me too long to realize what it was
and decide to try for it.

Wondering whether I'll be ready for the bats in time ...

                                        -- Glenn