Gonz wrote:
> I think it must just be an email address harvesting ploy.  Just wait
> for the spam...

Well, yes and no.

I downloaded this book last week.  I got the d/l link back in the mail
within an hour or so of requesting it.  (Check your spam folder.)

First-off, the book is mainly of interest to website developers -- how
to create backgrounds and bevel-edged buttons with gradient fills,
manipulating images, coordinating image colour-maps so you can overlay
them, etc.  There's one chapter called "Adjusting Images" that discusses
curves and levels, so it has some photography-relevance.

I have received one spam from SitePoint since I downloaded the PDF
book.  They were hoping I'd sign up for online website design courses or
something.  I tossed it.

-bmw