On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Brian Walters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do Canadian police not mind having their photos taken?
>
> Or didn't you wait around long enough to find out?
>
> An interesting slice of life - well spotted!

They aren't too thrilled about it.  I think I've only taken one or two
(other than at parades and other such festive occasions) pix of cops,
and I've asked first on one occasion, to which he consented.

They didn't notice me this time and I didn't ask.  Checking the EXIF
data, I think that the lens was at 70mm, and I think I was about 10 or
15 feet away, and when I raised my camera to eye-level, they didn't
look at me so I snapped.  Got two shots off.

Generally speaking cops don't like their pix taken around here, OTOH,
I'm not sure what they can do about it if you do shoot them, short of
charging you with obstructing justice (a charge that I think they'd
have trouble making stick).

cheers,
frank
--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -Henri Cartier-Bresson