Bob W. wrote:

> If you apply the same reasoning to print journalism as you've applied to
> photographic journalism

Whoa, whoa, WHOAAAA there Hoss! I'm not arguing in FAVOR of the French law.
I'm just trying to interpret how it might have held some sort of
hard-to-detect appeal to otherwise intelligent people.

> It may have been drafted with the very best of intentions, but it is
> still a bad law.

There ya go. I'm with that.

If I lived in France and/or shot for a living, I'd be up in arms.
Fortunately for me, I live in the United States and all I do is shoot
noodley little art pictures of whatever the hell I feel like, then put 'em
away in a drawer.

--Mike,