Okay, shooting macro is a bit harder when the subject is annoyed
by the flash and keeps running away.  And when the subject is on
the ceiling and I can't reach the viewfinder with my eye at the
same time as I have the camera at a useful distance from the
subject.  And especially when both are true at once.  Fortunately
the LCD lights up to tell me I've missed (or that I got the framing
and focus but had the flash at the wrong distance so the exposure
is off).  Still, photography is so much easier when I can see what
I'm doing _before_ I trip the shutter ...

Hey, when the spider fell off the ceiling and landed on me earlier,
I figured it was volunteering to model for me when I found it again.
(At some point I'll try to catch it and contain it in a more easily
photographed location.  If it comes out of hiding again.)

OTOH, I got some cute birds yesterday ... though I cheated:  they
were standing instead of flying, which made it much easier.  (And
yes they were small birds, but no, not small enough to count as
macro photography; this paragraph is a deliberate _non_sequitur_.
Pbbbt!)

                                        -- Glenn