There are so many ways that Vista can go wrong, and so much superfluous
crap that you "can't" get rid of, because it's built into the basic OS
that I won't have it on any hardware I own.  Hell I don't run XP on
anything I'm using, I's still using Win2K, which seems to be
extraordinarily stable, and fast compared to XP or Vista.