Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> D. Glenn Arthur Jr. wrote:
> >> If the spider's reading this mailing list, you may have more trouble on
> >> your hands than you bargained for...
> > Nah, as long as he's not downloading illegal spider-porn or
> > breaking into other people's computers
> He's probably indexing web pages, don't you think?

Doh!  I feel like a fool for not having seen that one coming!
Yah, of course that's what he'd be doing, and my connection
isn't really fast enough for that kind of activity.  Uh oh.

(I got the "I'm buying broadband to save money and any speed-up
is just a very pleasant side-effect" package.  It was nice being
able to tell the phone company to kiss off.  And I do enjoy the
speed side-effect.  As another side effect, I get to deal with
a smallish, very responsive company, where when I call tech
support I always get a _techie_, not a first-level customer-service
rep.  I don't know how long that'll last as they grow though.)

                                        -- Glenn