-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dave Weiss
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 9:32 AM
To: pentax-discuss
Subject: Which 100 mm Macro?

Hi,

I was hoping that the friendly folks on the list could help me decide on a
macro lens, roughly in the 100 mm range, prefer 1:1 but 1:2 okay.
I would like to take casual portraits with it and an occasional macro shot.
My main concern is optical quality.

I noticed that the Macro 100mm f/3.5 SMCP-FA Auto Focus Lens is fairly
inexpensive new... any particular reason?  Is optical quality good?  I had
been set on buying a 100f4.0 M.  I use to have one and liked it as far as
optical quality.

I also noticed several Tamron 90 mm adaptall lenses.  I have often read on
the list that tamron AF are well respected.  I would be fine without the AF
capability.  How are those?  There seems to be several variations--anyone
know anything about these?

thanks

dave

the system manager.