> From: Boris Liberman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2008/06/15 Sun AM 04:21:53 GMT
> To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Katz Eye question
>
> Hi!
>
> I seem to have a problem/issue/strange thing with the K-E screen that I
> bought. It says (as I asked for it) that it has the optibrite treatment
> and all such. Now, if I mount that DA 21/3.2 I see that the bottom half
> circle in the center of the screen is slightly dark. If I mount FAJ
> 18-35/4.0-5.6 that bottom half becomes seriously dark. I can still use
> it somewhat for manual focusing but I am more concerned that like this
> it really intervenes with AF and AE.
>
> I am shooting wearing glasses all the time. What have I done wrong?
>
> When installing the screen I did not hear the clicking sound when I was
> locking the filter in place, but I felt that I was closing something
> very tightly.
>
> Also I noticed that the red light for the center AF point is just a bit
> lower that the center of the split screen circle...
>
> Concerned.
>
> Boris

Difficult to be sure but it does sound as if it is not properly seated.  More
due to the lack of positive latch than the darkening.  This is common with
split image prisms.  Unless your eye is precisely aligned with it, one side
will appear darker.  Less alignment, more darkness.  This becomes more
pronounced as the widest aperture of the lens decreases.