Cory Waters wrote:
> I don't get what's so good about flickr.

A short piece that appeared last October in TOP, called "How to use
Flickr" by Howard W. French, is germane to this thread ...

"Each time I've seen a sneering or dismissive comment by a photographer
about Flickr and its faults, I've wanted to say, hang on a moment,
Flickr is exactly what you make of it. Nothing more, nothing less."  [...]

"The secret to Flickr is increasing the viewing ratio in favor of
beauty, in favor of originality, in favor of strong composition, great
eyes or flashes of exciting innovation, and I am here to tell you that
the trick is as easy as it rewarding."

http://snipurl.com/2lrd8

I use Flickr myself because it presently meets my modest needs. But when
it comes time to actually spend money, I'll likely purchase an account
on photo.net.

-bmw