On Friday I went to Ashmore, a village in Dorset, to photograph their
midsummer festival, which is called Filly Loo.

The festival takes place around the village pond, a dew pond which
supposedly goes back to before Roman times. The festival itself seems
to go back a very long time too, and is a very enjoyable occasion,
almost like being in Thomas Hardy's day:

http://www.web-options.com/FL2008/

After this I went over to Stonehenge for the solstice, and will post a
gallery later.

These 2 events were my first serious attempt to use 2nd-curtain
slow-synch flash, so I made a lot of technical errors, but it's a
useful technique on a wet midsummer's eve, and I'm starting to get the
hang of it.

Comments welcome, of course.

Bob