There's been lots of discussion on this list and others regarding
purchasing equipment from local B&M stores vs on-line; small,
independent retailers vs large retailers.  Several weeks ago, I was
wandering through a Ritz Camera store perusing the bag section when
the Pentax display case caught my eye.  The K200D & the K20D were
already on the market, but the store only had a K110D and a broken
K100D Super on display (LCD didn't function, shutter did not work).

The staff member told me that they did have a K10D at one point but
after it was sold "corporate" didn't send them a replacement.  When I
inquired about the current line (K200D & K20D), the member supposed
that the management was waiting for the summer to be over and sell out
all of the existing stock of K1x0 stock.  However, I was told that I
could order the K200D or K20D on-line with Ritz.  If I wanted to buy
on-line, I told him that there were probably several places that had
it cheaper than Ritz and that the B&M store was losing customers.  He
didn't disagree.  There was another customer who came in for a Canon
lens, but the store didn't have that in stock either.  It was
apparently a "special order" item.

In the Ritz insert to Sunday's paper, I see they are advertising the
Pentax K110D Super Digital SLR as a "Blow Out Sale".  Was there ever
such a K110D Super?

What would be the point in losing the business of walk-in customers by
selling them out of date merchandise?  Of course, there is always the
option of taking your purchase on-line, but is that what this has come
to?

Pat