Hi Folks:

1) I'm having a devil of a time with blown highlights, especially in
challenging lighting situations.  I've been trying to teach myself the Zone
System--and I think I've got the gist of it.  But for street photography,
things get a bit rushed, so, as I've learned, I should quickly spot meter
for a mid-tone, lock in exposure, then reframe, focus & shoot. What do you
guys consider to be mid-tones in color?

2) I'm trying to train my eye to visualize, but it's slow going. Any tips
for faster learning?

3) Also, I've been metering for highlights more, then using Lightroom to
bump up the shadows, which seems to work, but does anyone have any other
suggestions?

4) Also, virtually 99.9% of the time I have to bump up the "Lights"  in
Lightroom to anywhere from +10 - +39.  No bid deal, but is there something I
should be doing in-camera to avoid this.  I wonder if the K20D, with it's
EDR, eliminates this?  Any thoughts.  I'm actually thinking of making a
develop preset to do the things I seem to do repeatedly when processing in
Lightroom, but thought I'd touch base here 1st.

Big cheers, Christine