----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The Cubs broke my heart in '69, almost being good.

In 1969 I was 9 years old.  Early in the baseball season, my parents bought
me a Cubs jacket, which I loved and wore every day, even when it was warm
out.  Then one day it was too warm:  I put it in the basket on the back
wheel of my Schwin bicycle, while having bicycle adventures about the
neighborhood with my friends.  After hours of riding to the far corners of
my little neighborhood, I returned home only to find, my Cubs jacket gone,
lost along the way somewhere.  A lot of bad luck that year in Chicago.

Cheers, Christine