Bonjour my fine friends!
I just bought a Tamron 300mm f2.8 through ebay. But there's something
fishy with it. One of the elements has a blueish water-mark type blemish
near one edge. Is this the coating separating? Is it likely to increase?
can it be fixed?

Here are some pictures of the problem:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-fm/2604713874/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-fm/2603886689

The ebay seller seems to be straight and is willing to refund me. But
I've been trying to get my hands one of these lenses for three months so
I'm not that thrilled with the idea.

I would be very grateful for any wisdom or suggestions on the matter.

Thanks for your help,
Francis

www.islandlight.ca