With a clear glass screen the image is very bright, but there is nothing to focus on.
So, usually, a small crosshair is put in the center of the sceen so you can compare
the arial plane of the image to the crosshair for focusing. Clear screens are really
intended for thing like astrophotography, photography through a microscope, etc.
You really need to have the image very steady to focus in comparison to the
crosshair. They really do not work worth a darn for hand held photography.

Ciao,
graywolf