On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:48:04 -0700, "Bruce Dayton"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> You might want to consider Picture Window Pro - it has much more
> power than elements such as full color management, full 16 bit
> support for all operations, curves, masking, etc.  But it is priced
> about the same as Elements.

I tried Picture Window Pro recently when I was looking for a 16 bit
editor that didn't cost the arm and several legs that Adobe wants for
Photoshop CS3.

I liked it but couldn't get my head around the multiple windows it
created every time I made some sort of adjustment.  Short of saving
every window as a separate file, I couldn't work out how to save the
workflow created by all of the various adjustments.  The program doesn't
seem to have an easy way to allow the user to tweek the processed image
further at a later date.  If the program created a layer stack that
could be saved in a single file (like PS and PS Elements), I probably
would have bought it.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters